cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate duration between 2 date columns and show output in a new column in email

Hi, 

Below is the MS flow that I have been working on which spits out the all tasks with Start Date and Completion Date.

The flow is working as per my expectation

I am trying to add a new column to the email output which should calculate the duration between the Outage Start Date and Outage Completion Date columns. 

I am stuck as I couldn't find any formula/expression that can calculate the new column for me?

Can someone please guide me and tell how should I calculate the duration between two date columns and if there is anything that I need to modify in the current flow to make it work as I am totally new the MS Flow?

Flow.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@Anonymous 

Hi there.  Check out this article on Date Math in Power Automate, Moving Targets.  It might be enough to get you started in the right direction.

Good luck!

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @edgonzales  for your direction.

I tried my workflow using your direction. Below is the new changed flow.

1. I have initialized the 'Date Created' and 'Date Completed' variables

2. Then based on the value received from the list tasks, I am trying to set the value of variables (Date Created and Date Completion) and calculating the ticks at the same time with the below expression:

ticks(items('Apply_to_each')?['createdDateTime'],864000000000)

3.  When setting up the Task Variable as part of 'Iterate through Tasks', I am calculating the difference between Date Created and Date Completion variables with below expression:
sub(variables('Date Completion'),variables('DateCreated'))
the output of which is getting assigned to the 'Total Outage Time'. Total Outage Time variable will show up the difference between the dates.

I am getting the highlighted ( in red) error when trying to execute the flow

Workflow.jpg

Would you be able to tell me the issue with my flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (898)