Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate remaining budget on Sharepoint Lists via Power Automate Flow

Hello everyone,

I have a flow which is;

BATibrahimaltun_0-1634306288540.png

It's created for approving expense request & changing its status. However, I also need to calculate remaining budget and see it right after approve every request. If I reject it, it should be the same amount. I couldn't figure out what kind of a new step solve my problem. May you help me?

Thank you 😊

2 REPLIES 2
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hello BAT,

I read your description, but I reckon the follow-up action should be carried out according to your business logic. Since your trigger is 'when an item is created' in Sharepoint, after the budget item is approved, we usually use a hardcode total budget value minus the approve budget value and then store it in the sharepoint item field .

But these processes are different for different business needs, mainly depends on how you need to calculate the total budget and each budget item

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Johnnyg ,

Actually, all I need is "we usually use a hardcode total budget value minus the approve budget value and then store it in the Sharepoint item field ." providing it. I want the payment that I approve to be taken out of the budget always. First time, I opened ticket in SharePoint community but they conducted me to Power Automate community. If you share your hardcode or settings in SharePoint to calculate remaining budget after every payments, I would be grateful.

Thank you for your interest,

Sincerely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,211)