cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Calculating time total from two entries via Forms and placing into Excel spreadsheet

Good afternoon, everyone, 

I'm working on a Flow which obtains information from a Form.  The issue I'm having is not understanding how to calculate time, or what expression I should use.  I have searched here, but most answers relate to SharePoint, and I am working with Form submissions.  A staff member will enter into the Form a Start Time and an End Time for an appointment.  I need to use the Start Time and End Time to calculate the total time of the appointment with the total result reported out in hours and minutes.  Appointments will occur and conclude in a single day (no appointments will be longer than 14 hours).  

Any assistance and guidance in achieving this is greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Tif

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Calculating time total from two entries via Forms and placing into Excel spreadsheet

Hi @Tif 

On this URL you can find a forum where it is indicated how to get the difference between 2 times using the DateDiff formula: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Calculating-the-difference-between-two-times...

The formula is indicated for PowerApps but you can also use that one in Flow, you can even create a variable and store the result.

Best Regards

--

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Calculating-the-difference-between-two-times...

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Calculating time total from two entries via Forms and placing into Excel spreadsheet

@chsanche Thank you for the assistance and the information; greatly appreciated!  I apologize for taking so long to respond.  I have been pulled off this project temporarily to work on another item.  When I return to this project in the next few weeks, I will try your suggestion and respond here.  Again, my sincere apologies for taking so long to respond.  Thank you so very much for your help!

Have a wonderful day!

Tif

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,751)