cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adodd25
Level: Power Up

Calendar Invite Flow

Hello, 

I am fairly new to Sharepoint and Flow but a user came to me today witha request. Here are the basics of what we're trying to accomplish. 

One Main Sharepoint Calendar with training events. 

Specific Managers edit the event to add users to a list item called "Atendees" for the event. (This pulls from all our users)

When a user is added by their manager an email is genetated with and Accept/Reject Calendar invite to that user

If the user accepts the event is added to their own Outlook Calendar and their name remains in the Event List.

Response email is generated to manager of the users accept/reject response

Has anyone ever done this or something like it before? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calendar Invite Flow

Hi @ adodd25,

If you would like to add an event in the user’s Outlook Calendar, you could create an Outlook event and add the user as attendees of the event, the user would see the event invite in their Outlook and they could choose to Accept ,Tentative or Decline.

So if you want to achieve your needs, you need to create the event in the Outlook Calendar rather than only create the event in the sharepoint Calendar.

I have made a test on my side and I would offer you a workaround to achieve your needs.

I have create a sharepoint list with a column "Atendees",The “Atendees” column is a Person or Groups type column.

1.png

I have create an event in the Outlook Calendar with subject “training event20180320”.

You could create the flow as below:

2.png3.png

When an item is created the sharepoint list “Atendees”, the flow would send an email to the user with options “Accept” and “Reject”, whether the user approve or reject,the manager would receive an email with the user’s response.

if the user choose “Accept” in the email, the flow would update the event which’s subject is equal to “training event20180320” in the Outlook Calendar to add the user as a Atendee to the event, and this action would send the event to the user’s Outlook Calendar, and the user could Accept ,Tentative or Decline it.

The flow would run successfully as below:

4.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
JoanEvangelista
Level: Power Up

@v-yuazh-msft This works nicely but everytime a new email is added in the event all the existing participants get an email invite again. Is there a way to send only the invite to the new email. Thanks! 

billblais
Level: Powered On

@v-yuazh-msft Alice, are there any plans for making this possible with only a SharePoint calendar? Your solution assumes a separate Outlook calendar (presumably someone's personal calendar or sub-calendar shared with everyone, or a public Teams/Groups calendar) which seems to me to be asking for trouble. Alternately, is there any way to create and send an .ics file like the SharePoint modern pages Events webpart creates automatically?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,828)