cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Calendar Reminders

A little new to Flow and beating my head against the wall regarding filtering Get Items using OData against a Calendar Start Date/time field. Users are requesting a reminder 3 days, 1 day and 2 hours before event on a SharePoint calendar if the event also has a status of "Not-covered". I have setup a recurring daily trigger to check the list. What's the best way to perform the date tests? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Calendar Reminders

Hi @Slloyd ,

You could use multiple Flows to correspond to these scenarios.

3 days, 1 day before the event, the two Flows are similar, the only difference is to change the parameters in the addDays() function to 3 or 1.

Image reference:

70.PNG

For "2 hours before event", I don't have a suitable solution for you currently. If it is accurate to the hour, it seems that it is difficult to achieve through the current function.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Slloyd ,

You could use multiple Flows to correspond to these scenarios.

3 days, 1 day before the event, the two Flows are similar, the only difference is to change the parameters in the addDays() function to 3 or 1.

Image reference:

70.PNG

For "2 hours before event", I don't have a suitable solution for you currently. If it is accurate to the hour, it seems that it is difficult to achieve through the current function.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the quick response! I will give this a try. One quick question... is there any way to do the filtering via Odata in Get Items setup so as not to pull all the items?  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! Your solution works. However, if I can futher filter in using the Get Items filter query that would be awesome. Here's the expression I'm trying to combine in my filter query which is not working.  

formatDateTime(item()['EventDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd') eq addDays(utcNow(),1,'yyyy-MM-dd') and Coverage_Status eq 'Not-Covered'

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Slloyd ,

Please check the following blogs, which mentions that there is currently no support for formatting fields in Filter Query, and the Choice column is not supported in Filter Query. 

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/11/12/microsoft-flow-filter-queries-in-sharepoint-get-items/

https://www.chakkaradeep.com/2018/05/01/deep-dive-into-get-items-and-get-files-sharepoint-actions-in...

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,727)