cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharathk07
Level: Powered On

Calendar activity issue

We have created a flow to maintain multiple users calendar events in SharePoint list, while doing this we have a below issues,

1. First edited an event in the recurrence events and it got saved successfully, then I have edited the entire series where all the recurrence events got updated except the last edited one

2. When deleting an event from Recurrence Events, deleted event was not triggering instead all other events were triggered as updated, so we are not able to find the deleted event recurrence ID

Seeking for help to solve this

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calendar activity issue

Hi @Sharathk07 ,

Could you share more details on your flow?

About #1, did you edit the event using Flow? If so, how is it created?

About #2, how is the flow created?

For testing, I have created flow with the trigger When an item is created or modified, then a Compose action. When I delete an event, the flow will be triggered, the issue you’ve mentioned that “all other events were triggered as updated” doesn’t occur.

Please share more details on your scenarios, so that I could help reproduce it on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Tharma_KS_95

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

Sorry for the late response. Please find my reponse for the question below,

About #1, did you edit the event using Flow? If so, how is it created?

Answer: No, We are not editing the event.

About #2, how is the flow created?
For testing, I have created flow with the trigger When an item is created or modified, then a Compose action. When I delete an event, the flow will be triggered, the issue you’ve mentioned that “all other events were triggered as updated” doesn’t occur.

Answer: The scenario you have mentioned is  single event, but we are facing this issue in Recurrence Event.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tharma_KS_95 ,

Thanks for updating.

I am trying to reproduce this issue.

About #1, according to your description, I edit an event in the recurrence first, it saved successfully. Then I edit series, all the recurrence event got updated. At last, I edit another event, it also got saved.

The issue could not be reproduced by me on SharePoint site.

In addition, it might be a SharePoint related issue, you may get the most qualified answer from SharePoint Forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/home?category=sharepoint

About #2, when deleting an event from recurrence event, the flow was triggered. The issue you mentioned that deleted event was not triggering instead all other events were triggered as updated could not be reproduced.

A screenshot likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tharma_KS_95

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,\

Follow the below step to test the issue that I have faced,

1. Configure the Outlook in flow activity (When an event added,updated or deleted) to trigger.
2. Create a reccurence event in configured Outlook calendar (Eg: From Date: 4/4/2019 To Date :4/10/2019, Time: Every day 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM )
3. Update an Occurence event(Single event).
4. Then Update Series event(for all events). At the time, events were triggered with updated values(but previously updated event value was not updted). (Issue 1)
5. If I delete an Occurrence event (Single event), except the deleted event all other events was triggered by action type Updated. (Issue 2)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 336 members 5,586 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: