Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Call Workflow Activity from Ms Flow

Hi,

In Workflows, we could call a workflow activity.

I am trying to make an MS Flow and i need to call the Plugin Type: Workflow Activity. Can this be done in Power Automate.

If No,  How can i create a notes collection in body of email example below:

NotesCollection.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

I would use the Invoke request with Azure AD . 

Workflow.jpg

Just like we do call it from web api . 

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Rilsina 

You can use the Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector to call actions on an entity. The flow should be created as a part of a solution for this to work. 

Else, you can get records, and then construct the content as required. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks for your response.

Its actually a workflow assembly that creates the notes collection and the perform unbound/bound  action connectors allow only the Actions to be called and not the workflow assembly.

Also,

Can you suggest any connector that would help create the structured content as in the image.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Rilsina 

Not sure if I understood this correctly. But in case you are looking to get the items from the notes and attachments of the entity, you can first get the record of the case and then add an action get records and select the notes entity and then pass the regarding as identifier from the previous action. This will get you all the notes on a particular record of the entity and then you can compile them together using a create an HTML table action and get the attachments separately to compile everything and send as an email. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi ,

I would use the Invoke request with Azure AD . 

Workflow.jpg

Just like we do call it from web api . 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Hi Manish,

This would be the case if we just need to invoke a workflow without any input/output parameters. 

Could you tell me if there is any way to call the workflow which contains some input as well as output parameters. 

Would be great help. 

Thank you. 

Hi @Dynamics365User ,

Why do you need input parameters to be passed from Flow ? When you have defined the workflow based on some entity you already have those input parameters defined already . 

Thanks

I need to replace a dialog. (Since dialogs are deprecated). 

The dialogs takes a few user inputs and calls a custom workflow activity which processes the data and provides some output parameters. 

MS says use business process flows or canvas apps.

What do you think is the best way to replace it?

Thank you in advance 🙂 

Hi @Dynamics365User ,

if you are interested in replacing, you can use actions and with input and output parameters. The good thing about using action here is that it can be called from Flow using CDS current environment connector. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,700)