cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misc
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Call user email from powerapps into flow

Users can click a button in my powerapp to create an export of a record which is then emailed out. I am however having difficulty working out how to send the email to the user who requested the export. 

I tried using a 'get user profile' Office action and 'Ask in Powerapps' but it didn't work as that appeared to be pulling out the ID. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Is there any way I can get my flow to recognise the email of the person who triggered it and send the email to that person?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
misc
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Typically, I worked it out!!

I did just need to select 'Ask in Powerapps' in the 'Send To' part of 'Send an Email' but what I missed was that I needed to add a second parameter to the Run() function so first it grabbed the ID of the record, and then it grabbed the email, so it ended up as an issue on the App end not automate: 

'Copyof-createincidentreportexport'.Run(ThisItem.ID, varUserEmail);

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
misc
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Typically, I worked it out!!

I did just need to select 'Ask in Powerapps' in the 'Send To' part of 'Send an Email' but what I missed was that I needed to add a second parameter to the Run() function so first it grabbed the ID of the record, and then it grabbed the email, so it ended up as an issue on the App end not automate: 

'Copyof-createincidentreportexport'.Run(ThisItem.ID, varUserEmail);

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,041)