Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chaitanyang
Level: Powered On

Calling Web-hook in a Microsoft flow with multiple instances

Hi Team,

I have created an Automated flow which gets triggered whenever a record gets inserted into SQL DB and queiing a build build in azure Dev Ops , my requirement is to make the flow in sleep or kind of suspension mode until the build is compelted and i get the status and then depending on the status continue the flow process accordingly.

In order to achieve the suspension or sleep requirement we have used a WebHook action in the MS Flow. In the WebHook action step I am calligna  API which will take the CALLBACK URI from the WEB HOOK call and then check for the status of the build as soon as it recieves the status the API will POST the CALLBCAK URI such that the flow can be started again where it was in sleep or suspension mode.

We are able to acheive this but we are facing problem when there are multiple instances of flow running the call back URI coming to the API is same i..e if for run of the instance the call back uri is X for the second instance run of the flow also the CAllBackURI value coming to API is X only as a resul the POST back to the callback URI is not working as a result the flow is stilll in suspended or waiting state itself.

QUERY:
How to get different callbcakURIs passed from WEBHOOK in the micrsoft flow for multiple instaces of its execution?

Please let us know if you need more details on our query.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
-Chaitanya

1 REPLY 1
SamPo
Level 8

Re: Calling Web-hook in a Microsoft flow with multiple instances

Hi @chaitanyang 

Have you considered using Azure Webhooks to trigger your flow rather than the SQL inserted record?

See this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/service-hooks/services/webhooks?view=azure-devops

There are a number of code/build webhooks that might be relevant for you, from there you can directly call a flow once your code is pushed.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 93 members 3,926 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: