cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmortier
Helper I
Helper I

Can I access the "Error context" screenshot on a failed desktop flow?

I have a cloud flow that is receiving a webhook and then running a desktop flow to perform UI operations on our ERP system.

1.png

If the unattended bot runs into an error that it doesn't know how to deal with then the desktop flow errors out and provides a screenshot for context.

2.png

Is there a way to capture this screenshot/error context and send an email on failure? As you can see in my first image, the flow already sends an email for either a successful run or failed run. I'd like to provide this screenshot in the failed run email if possible.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rmortier
Helper I
Helper I

For anyone that manages to hit this post from Google, here is how I solved my issue.

First, I created a subflow to handle errors. Example:

rmortier_5-1655407862520.png

rmortier_0-1655407973239.png

Then in my main program I added a "On block error" flow control action that is set to run a subflow:

rmortier_3-1655407732837.png

rmortier_4-1655407745659.png

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rmortier
Helper I
Helper I

bump

rmortier
Helper I
Helper I

For anyone that manages to hit this post from Google, here is how I solved my issue.

First, I created a subflow to handle errors. Example:

rmortier_5-1655407862520.png

rmortier_0-1655407973239.png

Then in my main program I added a "On block error" flow control action that is set to run a subflow:

rmortier_3-1655407732837.png

rmortier_4-1655407745659.png

Hope that helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,583)