cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datadad
Regular Visitor

Can I create new Planner tasks with a running excel sheet?

Hello,

I am trying to build a flow where I have a running excel sheet that updates as new data comes in and every time a new row is created on the excel sheet, a task is created in Planner. 

I've tried to see if there was a way, but every time I have new data in my excel and the flow runs, more tasks are created on Planner (actually the same task is created over and over again). I'm trying to find a way to prevent the same task being created.

Essentially I'm looking to see if there is a way where I have a master running excel document where each row that is added creates a task on Planner but the same task that has been created stays as is (unless other task details updated).

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datadad ,

Excel is not a great choice when you want to achieve a requirement something like 'when a new item is created, *** ', because there is no such out of box trigger.

So I suggest you to use sharepoint list as data source and made a simple example for you.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1663913243750.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1663913265320.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datadad ,

Excel is not a great choice when you want to achieve a requirement something like 'when a new item is created, *** ', because there is no such out of box trigger.

So I suggest you to use sharepoint list as data source and made a simple example for you.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1663913243750.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1663913265320.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,115)