cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nettsales
Level: Power Up

Can I do this with Flow? Export to excel then import back from modified excel sheet?

Hi Everyone,

We're just starting to understand Flow and have a requirement that I am hoping it will be able to help with.  I don't need to know all the detail at this stage, but what I am wanting to do is the following:

1) when a Dynmaics opportunity reaches a specified stage to export to excel a list of stock items from a sub grid on the opportunity into an excel sheet and into a folder in OneDrive / Sharepoint / etc

2) once the excel sheet has been saved to a different folder, to take data from the first row in the excel sheet and update each line item against an appropriate Dynamics stock item

For now, I really just need to know that this is possible, but if anyone fancies describing how we could go about doing this, that would be great...

Thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I do this with Flow? Export to excel then import back from modified excel sheet?

Everything you're seeking can likely be done with Flow utilizing a few connectors. The Dynamics 365 connector's capabilities can be found in the official documentation, which includes create, update, and delete records. You can utilize Excel for the task you're seeking, but this is not something I'd recommend due to the Excel Connectors having file-lockout limitations from 6 minutes - 12 minutes in length. You could however do this with a SharePoint list and a custom view

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. THANKS!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I do this with Flow? Export to excel then import back from modified excel sheet?

Everything you're seeking can likely be done with Flow utilizing a few connectors. The Dynamics 365 connector's capabilities can be found in the official documentation, which includes create, update, and delete records. You can utilize Excel for the task you're seeking, but this is not something I'd recommend due to the Excel Connectors having file-lockout limitations from 6 minutes - 12 minutes in length. You could however do this with a SharePoint list and a custom view

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. THANKS!

Nettsales
Level: Power Up

Thanks for this @Brad_Groux .  I need to use excel for the export as this sheet goes to a warehouse and their scanners append serial numbers straight into the excel sheet - sadly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 62 members 4,932 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: