cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshE
Frequent Visitor

Can I get the @mention token for user to display the user's name instead of their email address?

I am working with custom/complex adaptive cards and I am trying to use the @mention token for a user in the card. After a lot of digging, I finally got it to work, but it is displaying the user's email/principle name instead of the Display Name. 

Below is an image of my adaptive card JSON. The trials in getting the @mention to work in my card meant I had to use a TextBlock, rather than a RichTextBlock. Also, I did not include the section that was mentioned in other posts such as this one; https://poszytek.eu/en/microsoft-en/office-365-en/powerautomate-en/mentioning-in-microsoft-teams-via... 

specifically, the bit referencing this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/task-modules-and-cards/cards/cards-format?t... 

Adaptive Card Json w/ @mention tokenAdaptive Card Json w/ @mention token

Snip of resulting adaptive card with @mention tokenSnip of resulting adaptive card with @mention token

If you look at the first link I provided (Link ) you can see the resulting adaptive card has the Display Name of the @mention'd person, while in mine it shows the user's email/principal name.

Any help with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoshE
Frequent Visitor

So I did find a solution, but it was to not use the @mention token action at all. If you do what one of the links above says and copy this to the (near) end of your card you can then use a textbox and write in <at>name here</at> and it will output as an @token.

"msteams": {
                "entities": [
                    {
                        "type": "mention",
                        "text": "<at>John Doe</at>",
                        "mentioned": {
                            "id": "xxxxxxxx",
                            "name": "John Doe"
                        }
                    },

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoshE
Frequent Visitor

So I did find a solution, but it was to not use the @mention token action at all. If you do what one of the links above says and copy this to the (near) end of your card you can then use a textbox and write in <at>name here</at> and it will output as an @token.

"msteams": {
                "entities": [
                    {
                        "type": "mention",
                        "text": "<at>John Doe</at>",
                        "mentioned": {
                            "id": "xxxxxxxx",
                            "name": "John Doe"
                        }
                    },

Hi @JoshE :

Thanks for your solution,I will be helpful to others.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,494)