cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
greg2k
Level: Powered On

Can I trigger a Flow on new submissions from any one of multiple Microsoft Forms?

Hi everyone,

I'm building an internal training and testing platform for my colleagues using Forms, SharePoint and Flow. I've currently built a number of flows which all do pretty much the same thing, and the only differece between flows is the specific Microsoft Forms quiz each one is triggered with. It goes like this:

1. Microsoft Forms "Quiz A" is submitted

2. Some details of "Quiz A" is extracted

3. UPN of the person who submitted the quiz is extracted (eg. john.doe@contoso.com)

4a. Message is posted in Teams saying "John Doe" submitted "Quiz A"

4b. Item is created in a SharePoint list with the UPN of the user who submitted the quiz and a couple of other things in different columns.

I'd like to know if there's a way to consolidate all these individual flows into one "master" flow that has the exact same structure and steps, yet will trigger if any one of a number of Microsoft Forms is submitted, not just an individual one. As in, 1 flow for 6 quizzes, each quiz enabling the flow to add its specific information to each next step in the flow.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I trigger a Flow on new submissions from any one of multiple Microsoft Forms?

Ok, got it. So Forms Pro writes all the data to the Common Data Service (premium connector) so you could probably use that as a trigger.

For regular Forms, I think the best thing might be to have a flow for each form that writes to a central location (SP list or something similar) and then a master flow which triggers off of that.

Just a thought, but keep us posted.

-Ed-

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I trigger a Flow on new submissions from any one of multiple Microsoft Forms?

@greg2k 

Hi there - I can't think of a way off the top of my head...but there might be a way if you're on Forms Pro.  Do you know if you're using that or regular Forms?  Also, do you have a premium license?

-Ed-

greg2k

Hi @edgonzales , thanks for your response.

My organization uses a mix of Office 365 plans. I'm using Enterprise E5 and I don't have a premium plan of Flow. I've looked in to the Forms Pro connector page for Microsoft Flow and it doesn't seem to have any triggers built yet. Hopefully what I'm trying to accomplish can be baked in to the regular Forms at some point.

I was browsing around and tried to get a flow to trigger a separate flow to run, which would more or less solve my problem, but I couldn't find an action to run another flow.

Super User
Super User

Ok, got it. So Forms Pro writes all the data to the Common Data Service (premium connector) so you could probably use that as a trigger.

For regular Forms, I think the best thing might be to have a flow for each form that writes to a central location (SP list or something similar) and then a master flow which triggers off of that.

Just a thought, but keep us posted.

-Ed-

View solution in original post

greg2k

Thanks @edgonzales,

That looks like a pretty good workaround until something better comes along. I'm already recording data to an SP list in other similar flows so this would just need some retooling.

Much appreciated! Regards,

Greg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,118)