cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PedroRoman

Can Redirect emails using Power automate, it only has the forward option available

I am analyzing the incoming email in an Inbox, and from the information in the subject and body of the email, we clasify where the email should be redirected to, but we cant use the forward function because it changes the sender and the subject of the email.

Can you please let me know if there is a workaround to do this? scince I could not find the redirect action,  or is this a premium plug in ?

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @PedroRoman 

There are no work around for this in Power Automate. When you forward an email it always set the Fwd: under the subject and under the body it contains the full details of the original email. When you forward it did arrived already in your inbox so when you forward the sender address will be your Inbox address. Sender address of the email can't be changed for security reasons.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
PedroRoman

Does any body know if Microsoft is thinking on release the Redirect Emails action, is it in their roadmap? I cant belive that we can use redirect in the rules of our email (Outlook), but we don't have that option in Power Automate. 

Hi @PedroRoman 

Have a look on GRAPH API. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
VictorIvanidze
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can do what you want only using GRAPH API (the premium connector needed).

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,853)