cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meganvwalker
Level: Powered On

Can a Excel table created in a previous step be referenced when adding lines to an Excel worksheet?

I have created the following Flow. Having issues with Step 8. Basically the workflow is going to create a Worksheet in an Excel Workbook, then add a table to it. Within the same workflow, I then want to add lines of data from D365/CRM and put those lines in to the table created earlier in the flow. Is that possible?

Step Number

Connector

Action/Trigger

Details

Date Time

Recurrence

Set to run each month

Date Time

Current Time

No info needed. We just want to get the current time so we can figure out the month

Date Time

Convert time zone

The Base Time will be the Current time variable from the previous step. The format string can be something like adddays(utcnow(),0, 'ddMMMMyyyy') 

Excel (for Business)

Create worksheet

Location being your SharePoint site, then the Document Library then pick the file name. The Name can be the Converted time variable from Step 3

Excel (for Business)

Create table

All items as above, then the Table range can be the Name variable from Step 4 followed by !A1:E1 – with E being the last in the number of columns you want

Dynamics 365

List records

Select the Organisation, then Opportunities for the entity name. You can use the Filter Query of statecode eq 0 to only show Open Opportunities

Control

Apply to each

For the output you will use the value variable from Step 6

Excel (for Business)

Add a row into a table

There doesn’t seem to be a way to use a variable to identify the table you created in Step 5. How can I select the table that I just created? Idea is to create a new table each month with the flow, without having to create the table manually. Is this something that can be done? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can a Excel table created in a previous step be referenced when adding lines to an Excel workshe

Hi Megan,

I've been searching for a similar solution and all roads seem to lead to:

"Specifying a dynamic content in the "File" field to choose an Excel file in Excel Online (Business) connector is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently".

10-11-2018 3.16.55 PM 000.png

https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Excel-Online-(Business)#_Toc3A481FA6AddRow

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#add-a-row-into-a-table

Not being able to use a dynamic string in the File parameter is frustrating.  Maybe they'll change this when the connector is no longer in preview.

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can a Excel table created in a previous step be referenced when adding lines to an Excel workshe

Hi Megan,

I've been searching for a similar solution and all roads seem to lead to:

"Specifying a dynamic content in the "File" field to choose an Excel file in Excel Online (Business) connector is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently".

10-11-2018 3.16.55 PM 000.png

https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Excel-Online-(Business)#_Toc3A481FA6AddRow

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#add-a-row-into-a-table

Not being able to use a dynamic string in the File parameter is frustrating.  Maybe they'll change this when the connector is no longer in preview.

Ryan

View solution in original post

meganvwalker
Level: Powered On

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. That's a real pain, but that's the conclusion I was slowly coming to Smiley Sad

Megan

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 411 members 5,308 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: