cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can a flow allow me to send an email notification based on a date field (column) in an excel table?

Hi Folks,

I am currently trying to create a flow that will send an automated email based on a date field (column) in an Excel table.

More specifically, I would like an email to be sent 30 days in advance of a date listed in Excel.

If anyone knows how to do this or can direct me to an example It would be very much appreciated.

I am finding flows extremely difficult, literally nothing I have done so far has worked.

Thank you!

Jon.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Can a flow allow me to send an email notification based on a date field (column) in an excel table?

@Cestode 

Hey Jon, hang in there.  You've got loads of support and people eager to help out.

For your particular case, one approach might be to use a recurrence trigger to check your list daily for anything that is due 30 days from that day.  If so, send an alert...if not, see you tomorrow.

To do this, you could use a compose or Add to Time action to add 30 days to 'today', and then have a condition to see if a line's due date is equal to that date.  I did something similar in my Birthday Bot series.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can a flow allow me to send an email notification based on a date field (column) in an excel table?

Hi @Cestode ,

Please refer to the method provided by @edgonzales to configure Flow to achieve your needs. When processing the date field in the Excel table, we may need to first restore number to date, and then compare date with utcNow().

Please refer to this thread and see if it helps:

Solved: Excel file to list flow: date issue - Power Platform Community

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Cestode 

Hey Jon, hang in there.  You've got loads of support and people eager to help out.

For your particular case, one approach might be to use a recurrence trigger to check your list daily for anything that is due 30 days from that day.  If so, send an alert...if not, see you tomorrow.

To do this, you could use a compose or Add to Time action to add 30 days to 'today', and then have a condition to see if a line's due date is equal to that date.  I did something similar in my Birthday Bot series.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cestode ,

Please refer to the method provided by @edgonzales to configure Flow to achieve your needs. When processing the date field in the Excel table, we may need to first restore number to date, and then compare date with utcNow().

Please refer to this thread and see if it helps:

Solved: Excel file to list flow: date issue - Power Platform Community

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,210)