cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
im_bmw
Frequent Visitor

Can't Use Some Decimals in Manually Triggered Flow

I have created a manually triggered flow that accepts several inputs, including a number field labeled Amount.  I expect the users to enter a dollar amount here--dollars and cents.  This works great, unless I try to enter a value for the cents that starts with a zero.  I can enter 323.23 just fine.  If I try to enter 323.03, as soon as I type the 0, the cursor backspaces and removes the decimal!  I can never seem to enter anything with a cents value less than .10.  I've tried in Chrome and Chromium Edge.  I've tried using the zero on the top keyboard row, or the zero on the number pad.  I've had other users try with the same result.  I can't seem to find any search terms where others have had this issue. 

Am I going crazy?  Is there a magic setting somewhere I'm missing?  Has anyone else seen this, and if so, how do you get around it?  

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@im_bmw 

That's so weird.  I even tried the ascii equiv (ALT + 48) and it did the same thing.  

I'll raise it with the team to see what they say.  Stay tuned.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @im_bmw ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the flow so we could reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The issue I'm having isn't really related to anything specific in a particular flow.  If I create a new instant flow that is manually triggered, add a single number input, add any second step and save the flow, then run a test execution, it will reproduce the issue.  I cannot type 232.02 into the number field--it won't let me.  The ONLY way I've been able to get that value in is to type it somewhere else, and copy and paste it in.  I cannot type the '.0' part, in 232.02, and have it stay.

But if a picture would be helpful for you, here it is:

im_bmw_0-1597409613942.png

@im_bmw 

The good folks on the product team are looking into this.  I'll still keep you posted...do you need a workaround until they resolve it?  The easiest thing might be to enter the data without a decimal, and then add a step to divide by 100...?  not the most elegant, but it would work.

-Ed

Thanks for the update, Ed.

Good to hear that the product team is researching (and good to hear it's not just me, I guess).  Thanks for the suggested work around.  Until Microsoft resolves things, I can actually have the users type the number without the decimal, then arrow back a couple of spaces, and insert the decimal after the numbers are all in.  Again, not elegant or proper, but it seems to work also.

Any word from the product team?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (2,263)