cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goodman
Level: Powered On

Can't create UI Flow

Greetings,

I signed up for a Community Plan. I'm following the instructions to create a UI Flow, but I'm getting an error message saying "You don't have any CDS subscription yet. To create UI flows (preview) automations, please first choose a plan that's right for you." How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Shane.

9 REPLIES 9
K_Zarar

Re: Can't create UI Flow

Do you have multiple environments? I had to change the environment for this message to go away.

Goodman

I only have the single (default) environment. I tried creating a new environment, but I got an error message saying "The user does not have a license that allows environment creation."

The documentation says "the Common Data Service isn't included with the Free license." However, in another different location, the documentation says that it does include the Common Data Service.

How can I get a CDS subscription?

I tried contacting support but I got an error message saying "Premium Plan Required".

Thanks,
Shane.

K_Zarar

When you've got your Flow/Power Automate homepage open, if you click on the gearbox icon on the ribbon on your top-right, can you see Admin Center as a drop down option? I think only admins can create environments.

I've looked at the articles you posted and they seem a bit ambiguous as well. One says the PowerApp Community plan provides you with a dev environment for flow, powerapps, etc while the other article says CDS isn't available with the flow free license, weird indeed.

Goodman

I have the Admin Center in settings.

I forgot to mention that I installed UI Flows on my device, but I didn't install the data gateway.

I posted a screenshot of the error. I reported this as a bug. I tried contacting support, but I got an error message saying "Premium Plan Required".

I would appreciate suggestions from anyone.

Thanks,
Shane.

Goodman

Is there anywhere else I can go for help?

Shane.

K_Zarar

Hi Shane,

This community would be my best bet but I see no one else has replied about this message. I'll try and find reddit and some other forums for you answer.

Goodman

I posted a question on reddit and Stackoverflow. If anyone can direct me to where to go for help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane.

UnprayingMantis

I think the "You don't have any CDS subscription yet" message is generic. I created the CDS database for a flow environment and waited for a day, but still it didn't help. Going between the lines of UI flows TechNet article, one of the prerequisite is having a premium flow license. Having flow license that comes with O365/dynamics with access to standard connectors was the issue for me, although error message kept pointing CDS. The moment I assigned flow premium license on the account, "Create a UI Flow" button disappeared.

My 2 cents

Highlighted
Goodman

I started reading the documentation from the beginning. I found a line that says "If you haven't used the Common Data Service before, open the Entities tab of powerapps.com, and then click or tap Create my database." After doing this, the error message went away.

One of my troubleshooting steps was converting the Community Plan to a trial. I now have to figure out how to switch it back.

I started a new thread.

Thanks,
Shane.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,472)