cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JamesM
Level 8

Can't extract PartitionKey from Azure Table Storage Entities

I have a flow which extracts some data from an Azure Table Storage object. The data obtained is as follows:

[
  {
    "odata.etag": "W/\"datetime'2018-11-28T03%3A46%3A01.2938236Z'\"",
    "PartitionKey": "James Matson",
    "RowKey": "VisitsInWeek",
    "Timestamp": "2018-11-28T03:46:01.2938236Z",
    "Value": "2"
  }
]

I'm interested in looping through each record and working with the Value, and the PartitionKey. I can get the Value okay, but if I set my For Each Apply to body('GetVisitsInAWeek')['PartitionKey'] I get the error:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Apply_to_each' at line '1' and column '2526': 'The template language expression 'body('GetVisitsInWeek')['PartitionKey']' cannot be evaluated because property 'PartitionKey' doesn't exist, available properties are 'odata.metadata, value'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I'm not sure how to get the PartitionKey, and furthermore, how to do a For Each Apply loop and work with both the Value AND the PartitionKey within the same loop. 

Here is my flow: 

2018-11-28 16_26_34-Microsoft PowerApps.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can't extract PartitionKey from Azure Table Storage Entities

Hi @JamesM,

Could you please choose a "Value" dynamic content of the "GetVisitsInWeek" action in the input field of the "Apply to each"?

Please delete the "PartitionKey" dynamic content from the in the input field of the "Apply to each", and choose the Array type value in the input field of the "Apply to each", and then you could refer to screenshot below to add Compose action inside the "Apply to each" to get the "PartitionKey" value:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Compose should as below:

items('Apply_to_each')?['PartitionKey']

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

JamesM
Level 8

Re: Can't extract PartitionKey from Azure Table Storage Entities

Thanks Alice - I’ll give this a try when I’m at work tomorrow. Out of curiosity, how would you propose someone would get both the PartitonKey AND a custom Column value from the table in the flow above? Let’s say I wanted the PartionKey and the Value field within the apply for each loop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 423 members 6,767 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: