cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisrobbo
Regular Visitor

Can't get condition to always run after the two previous parallel steps

Hi, I am trying to get the Condition shown in the image below to always run after Create contact or Update contact. The purpose of the condition is to check the Phone is not equal to null, if true it calls another API endpoint to update the phone number (has to be done this way). 

My options in the Configure Run After don't seem to allow for this to always run. The problem I am having is one will succeed and and the other will be skipped and vice versa. So it never ends up running.

The blue indicate the other method I tried which was two separate routes, with their own condition. However when I tried this Phone was only available in one route?

chrisrobbo_1-1670581269135.png

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if there is anything I need to clarify. 

Thanks

Christian 

1 REPLY 1
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @chrisrobbo ,

I think you need the condition to run if "Create Contact" is successful or if it is skipped.

In the run after Conditions, you can select the conditions for each branch. For example, in the run after settings for the Condition, I can set the Condition to run if the Compose 2 action was successful, failed, skipped or timed out:

2022-12-09_13-47-30.gif

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,008)