cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Can't run an Odata filter on URL Column?

I'm trying to create a flow that retrieves a file based on the URL column, but keep running into this error: 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The field 'URL' of type 'URL' cannot be used in the query filter expression.
}

Any idea why this is or how to get around it? 

2019-10-10_12-33-08.png
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Can't run an Odata filter on URL Column?

Hi @jmathur ,

this is a limitation of the api.  So i'm afraid filtering by a hyperlink column is not possible unless you use a caml query. In which case the following should work: 

<Where>
      <Eq>
         <FieldRef Name='URL' />
         <Value Type='URL'>https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com/sites/yoursite</Value>
      </Eq>
   </Where>

If you must find the item in flow via odata, you could try setting the value of your hyperlink column at some point to a text value in a different column (hidden). Then you could do a get item(s) action based on the value of type text.

If this has answered your question, be sure to mark it as answered. 

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jmathur 

Since odaa does not work on URL column

first get all files

then run for loop and then use condition to filter it out

Not the most effectoive solution but will work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmathur ,

The URL type is not supported in Filter Query. Please refer to this blog for more details on Filter Query:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/11/12/microsoft-flow-filter-queries-in-sharepoint-get-items/

Please consider using Condition or Filter array directly to filter items.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,940)