cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mboonie
Level: Powered On

Can't see Lookup Column in Calendar in MS Flow

I am trying to use Flow to create a new Event in a Calendar on my site, triggered when someone creates a new list item in a different list (on the same site.)

When I am using the Create Item action, the available fields don't show either of the two lookup columns in that list item. I'm using the Event content type: those columns are not part of the Content Type, although other fields that aren't included in the Event content type DO appear.

Is this a known thing? How can I set that value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mboonie

Re: Can't see Lookup Column in Calendar in MS Flow

Ahh! Despite some key differences I still notice, I believe I found an explanation.

(FWIW--not that it really matters--it was the Calendar list in which I'm trying to create the item that lacked the column, not the source whose value I want to copy. Still, I suspect it would affect both the Source and the Destination.)

It seems that the owner of the calendar had set the LookUp column to pull "Title (Linked to Item)" rather than just "Title." After tweaking it, it now appears in the list of available columns for that Calendar.

Nonetheless, I'm curious why no calendars appear as selections in the drop-down "List Name" choices. I need to use the GUID to bring it up. Not a show-stopper, but it would be mighty convenient to know more about how the drop-down lists for Site Address and List Name get their values. (No matter how often I work with a particular site, it never appears in that list like it would with an MRU list. I'm working in a corporate environment, and I wonder if that's out of my control?)

Thanks for looking at this, though!

-That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mboonie,

How is your flow created? Could you share a screenshot? It seems that your flow is triggered by When an item is created, then create an event on a Calendar list. And there are two lookup columns in the list, but the two lookup columns don’t appear in the dynamic contents.

I have made a test on my side the lookup columns can be selected from the dynamic contents. Please check the following screenshot. Please share more details to help reproduce this issue.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mboonie

Ahh! Despite some key differences I still notice, I believe I found an explanation.

(FWIW--not that it really matters--it was the Calendar list in which I'm trying to create the item that lacked the column, not the source whose value I want to copy. Still, I suspect it would affect both the Source and the Destination.)

It seems that the owner of the calendar had set the LookUp column to pull "Title (Linked to Item)" rather than just "Title." After tweaking it, it now appears in the list of available columns for that Calendar.

Nonetheless, I'm curious why no calendars appear as selections in the drop-down "List Name" choices. I need to use the GUID to bring it up. Not a show-stopper, but it would be mighty convenient to know more about how the drop-down lists for Site Address and List Name get their values. (No matter how often I work with a particular site, it never appears in that list like it would with an MRU list. I'm working in a corporate environment, and I wonder if that's out of my control?)

Thanks for looking at this, though!

-That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 4,190 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: