cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesPallett
Regular Visitor

Can't select Calendar in Calendar ID dropdown using Create Event v4 in Office 365 Outlook connector

Hi there

I am using some of the templates in Power Automate/Flow to create a new calendar event, the template uses Create Event v4.

When I click in the Calendar ID field, a dropdown list appears, but the calendar "Calendar" isn't visible. I can see other calendars associated with my account, just not the default one (see screenshot).

flow_create_event.png

I've tried to click New Connection and sign in to my account again, but no joy. I don't want to use one of the other options as I want to share the Flow with others, so would want the event to be created in the default calendar.

I've checked the documentation and done a search here, but can't see anything about what permissions are required for the Calendar ID to appear in the list. If I open the calendar in Outlook, I have the permissions set to: My Organization - Can view titles and locations. I don't really want to pick "Can edit" as I assume that means anyone could change any events in my calendar.

Does anyone know if I can just grant permissions to Power Automate/Flow? And if so, what do I need to pick to achieve this? 

Thanks very much.

James

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can't select Calendar in Calendar ID dropdown using Create Event v4 in Office 365 Outlook connector

Are you sure you are using the right account for that step? If you click the ellipsis in the top-right of the step insure that you have the correct account selected. 

Credentials.png

Also, insure that the account being used has full read/write access to the calendar in question. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
JamesPallett
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't select Calendar in Calendar ID dropdown using Create Event v4 in Office 365 Outlook connector

Worked this out myself... Although I can use O365 without connecting to the company VPN, to get the "Calendar" entry in the Calendar ID I need to be connected to the VPN. I assume there is some enterprise setting restricting it, will raise it internally. Cheers for trying to help.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Are you sure you are using the right account for that step? If you click the ellipsis in the top-right of the step insure that you have the correct account selected. 

Credentials.png

Also, insure that the account being used has full read/write access to the calendar in question. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

JamesPallett
Regular Visitor

Hi Brad

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I double checked that and I am logged in as myself, but I just can't see "Calendar". I even clicked "Add new connection" and tried logging in again, but no joy. I can add events in Outlook and in a browser at https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox; but I can't see it in Power Automate/Flow for some reason...

I can see other calendars associated with my account, so could it be a security setting locking it down? I am using an enterprise account if that makes any difference? Thanks

--

James

Highlighted
JamesPallett
Regular Visitor

Worked this out myself... Although I can use O365 without connecting to the company VPN, to get the "Calendar" entry in the Calendar ID I need to be connected to the VPN. I assume there is some enterprise setting restricting it, will raise it internally. Cheers for trying to help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,842)