cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjarvis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can't set Owner in Dyanmics CRM

I have created a flow that parses data from an email then creates a new Lead record in our Dynamics CRM.

The problem i'm having at the moment is that i can't seem to set the Owner from Flow.

I can see the 'Owner' and 'Owner Type' fields in flow but i'm not exactly sure what they're expecting? 

I'm looking to set the owner as a team called 'Sales'

I can set the Owner Type field in flow to 'team' but then the Owner field is just free-type? so if i just type the 'sales' team name it doesn't work?

Am i missing something? Is it expecting a team ID? If so where do i get that from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bjarvis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ok, all fixed... but for anybody in future that requires the answer to this.

The Owner field has to be set using the guid of the User or Team. 

The easiest way i found to get that is to have a CRM view of your Users/Teams and then export to Excel. The first column in this excel is the guid 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bjarvis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ok, all fixed... but for anybody in future that requires the answer to this.

The Owner field has to be set using the guid of the User or Team. 

The easiest way i found to get that is to have a CRM view of your Users/Teams and then export to Excel. The first column in this excel is the guid 🙂

Hi, thank you for the solution.

We are also trying to update the owner to a team based on the GUID but the flow is failing. Below is our solution, do you know what I should change?

Owner (Owners)

owners/0ffd5cd3-ff30-e811-a888-00224801a4ba

To set an Owner field to a Team, format it like this -   teams(<team>)

In this example, I'm setting Owner of a Case to a Team, and referencing the Team value from a related record

Geoff-RSM_0-1618847605622.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,709)