cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

Can we prevent "Custom Responses - Wait for all responses" action from sending notification to MS Teams

we have the following "Custom Responses - Wait for all responses" action:-

attachment.png

where we are attaching a file to the response email >> now the email which will be sent will contain the attachment which is fine >> but the notification which will be shown inside the MS Teams will not contain the attachment...

so i have the following 2 questions:-

1) how we can attach the attachment to the notification which will be sent to MS Team?

2) if point-1 can not be achieved >> then can we prevent the above "Custom Responses - Wait for all responses" from sending notification to MS Teams and only send a normal email?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnjohn123 

You can work with Approvals Adaptive Cards in Teams: The Ultimate Guide to Microsoft Teams based approvals (laurakokkarinen.com) So you can customize the fields displayed in the adaptive card in teams, and for example, use a link to the document (I'm not sure it's possible to add an attachment).

Apart from that, Teams is going to be the new hub for approvals, so you can't avoid that: Approvals in Microsoft Teams, Now Generally Available - Microsoft Tech Community

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopothanks for the reply... but speaking of the recommendation and future-proof  is very easy .. but when you work on a real project with thousands of users you want the features to be completed if not  then we can no use it...

now as i mentioned i already build the "Custom Responses - Wait for all responses" and i defined what should be included in the Title, Details & Attachment >> and this is working well inside the received emails , where the email will have the attached file and the related Title,Body.. but inside the notification which get sent to Team the notification does not include the attachment, and in our case this is critical... so if we can not attach a file inside the Ms Teams notification... then my question is how i can prevent the ""Custom Responses - Wait for all responses" from sending notifications to the MS Teams >> if we can not prevent this and the notification can not include the attachment then this is a bug inside MS Flow / MS Teams integration !! i am not concern if the Teams is going to be the new hub for approvals >> if the notification does not include the attached file! i hope you understand our case.

Hello @johnjohn123 

Unfortunately it's not possible to achieve what you want as you explained. In an adaptive card you can only add a link to a document, but not an attachment (Can we have file attachment within the adaptive card? · Issue #237 · MicrosoftDocs/AdaptiveCards · G...). 

Anyway, I don't think it is a bug in MS Teams, since it has no sense to send a copy of a document to multiple users, instead of sharing a document which is stored in a team.

Regards.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo  how come it is not a bug... since in the "Custom Responses - Wait for all responses" i am specifying to send an attached file !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,364)