cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efialtes
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can we use WDL expressions (i.e. utcnow(), adddays, etc) in Filter Arrays?

Hi all

I am trying to build a flow with the Recurrence trigger; the first action is Sharepoint Get Items from a Sharepoint List. I want to filter the output items and get just the ones meeting a certain condition (date comparison).

OPTION 1.- I understood ODATA filter is not available for such Action block.

OPTION 2.- I also understood a Condition Block is not valid since the output is an array, 

OPTION 3.- I implemented an Array Filter

If I use a simple expression (first example in the screenshot) the flow is compiled properly; however if I add WDL expressions to compare Date column ('Fecha') from sharepoint list with current date, a validation error is shown (second example in the screenshot, please also note part of the error text cannot be displayed).

I also tried with the ? character between item() and ['Fecha'[ with the same result.

Can we use WDL expressions (i.e. utcnow(), adddays, etc) in Filter Arrays? If so, can anybody help me find the error?

BR

WDLvsFilterArray.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
telu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi efialtes,

I think you can use something like this @less(item()?['LastModified'], 'adddays("2015-03-15T13:27:36Z", -20)')

espcially pay attention to the double quote " instead of single one.

I also recommend you can try simple mode instead of advanced mode first.

I created a similiar flow

filter-array2.png

Thanks,

Teng

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
telu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi efialtes,

I think you can use something like this @less(item()?['LastModified'], 'adddays("2015-03-15T13:27:36Z", -20)')

espcially pay attention to the double quote " instead of single one.

I also recommend you can try simple mode instead of advanced mode first.

I created a similiar flow

filter-array2.png

Thanks,

Teng

Thank you for your feedback, @telu! Now I can save the flow. The execution fails, but that's another story already reported in another thread

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Condition-problems/td-p/7495

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,079)