cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattthew
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you @ Mention anyone in Teams from a flow?

Seems to just come across as a text value.  Thanks!

46 REPLIES 46

@suclarkeuk This Feature works in Teams Channel. If you post directly to the person you will see hyperlink Email. Actualy Its a Teams BUGG which needs to be addred.

SCBPC
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone know if we can mention an entire team or channel. If so, what's the format/email to enter such mention.

@SCBPC Yes you can. Click on the teams channel->Click on three dots. you will get an option to Get Email Address. Then you need to use that email form tagging. 

sdela
Frequent Visitor

I can't seem to @Mention anyone using the 'Post a message (V3)' action or using the flowbot to post a message. Is anyone else having this issue, or knows what I might be doing wrong? The <at></at> tags get removed and only the email address is posted as text.

@RajnishP  does that actually work? I kicked off tests @mentioning myself using my email, which works. When I swap out my email for the channel email, i just get the channel email as text in the message.

Yes it works.

Hello

Can you show how you do it please?

I've tried but I only get the email in plain text 

sdela
Frequent Visitor

I only got mentions working with the flow bot action but not with 'Post a message (V3)'

As a workaround I used the Graph API to send a message with an @mention of a channel

i'm unable to get this working to mention the channel email.  It just comes across as the email in plain text. ***@amer.teams.ms using emails of others that are within the team work fine.

Can you provide more details on how you got this working?

thanks

TomS20
Regular Visitor

I am able to @mention a Team Member in a Channel using the Post a message as the Flow Bot to a Channel with the following statement within the parenthesis

"<at>test@testcompany.com</at>".

I would like to @mention the entire Team in a Channel not just a single Team Member.  Does anyone know how to accomplish this.

doubles1
Frequent Visitor

i can get this to work for at mentions of people but can you at mention the team via microsoft flow? 

testing with the team email address, atteam do not work - they have also been wrapped in the <at> tags

is this only possible via the teams UI?

I got it to work for Post a Message (V3) (Preview) by clicking the </> button and wrapping within the following the email to mention <at>target@email</at>

Hi @ivaldez ,

First at all, thanks to share your solution.

That said I try to gone through and anytime I copy/past a string such as <at>xxxx.onmicrosoft.com@emea.teams.ms</at> after clicking the </> button , the same button stays frozen and I cannot come back to the text editor

As result the notification sent is the equivalent of the html version.

Is there any chance for you to explian a bit more how to proceed ? 

Thanks in advance

Matth

Here's what worked for me:

• Create a new Teams -  Post a Message (V3) (Preview)  step
  • Click the </> button in the message contents
  • At this point you're dealing with HTML code only so if you want to use the editor you could have a secondary message build your styling and all that in that one and copy & paste the code into the step that will actually be sent out to your users, here's where you can add the <at>target@email</at> code to get the mention to work

I see you have no spaces when you type it here, but that was my problem in Flow, i had extra spaces between the < and the email >.  Removing them fixed it.  

I ran across this today while trying (and failing) to get notifications to work, but I did get the banner to go away. It's a hacky solution, but if you end your content with '</div><div style="display:none;">', it puts that line in a separate, hidden div.

yupabs
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

Is there a way to mention only First name instead of the full name? Thanks

That's great - it worked for me. I am also looking into how to @ mention an entire Channel in a flow and am still failing at it. I will continue to investigate if it is possible or not.

jukow
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,316)