Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenls
Helper II
Helper II

Can you add the link of a message that triggers a flow to a new message

Hi,

I know that was a bit of a wordy subject, but I will explain here.

Currently selected tickets from Cherwell can be triggered to be sent over to teams via the O365 connector using the MessageCards that you have to use.  You cannot trigger a mention from that messagecard so I have a flow that checks for a new message in the channel (the flow doesn't have the conditions to limit what this does in its final step).  When the new message is received I store the message ID (I thought I could use that as a link), the email address of the technician is in the message summary, so I store that, then wrap the <at> around it and then write that out as a new message to a different channel.

All of this works well.  Is there a way that in the message that is sent I can put a link to the message that triggered this flow.  So basically when someone gets a mention, they can click the link and it will take them back to the message in the Cherwell notifications channel.

Here is the flow as it stands.

FlowError5.JPG

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevenls ,

I have made a test on my side and couldn't find a way to add a link to the teams message, I'm afraid that the function to add a link to the message in teams is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevenls ,

I have made a test on my side and couldn't find a way to add a link to the teams message, I'm afraid that the function to add a link to the message in teams is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (57,085)