Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeggyLang
Helper V
Helper V

Can you extract first name & surname from anonymous responder in MS Form

PeggyLang_0-1607394118918.png

The above flow works perfectly when the responder is from within our organization.  I am able to use 'Given Name' and 'Surname' in the Flow.
However, we have a need to use this form with people outside of our organization.  Is there a way to extract 'Given Name' and 'Surname' from an anonymous email address?  I'm guessing no, but thought I would ask.  If I need 'Given Name' and 'Surname' from an anonymous responder is there any other way to obtain that information other than to request it in the MS Form itself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @PeggyLang,

I was also assuming that this wouldn't be possible since it's an anonymous response.

However, out of interest I have just tested it within a flow 😁. I am getting this as a response from the Get response details action. The output is just the word anonymous for the responder field. So I think it's safe to say that it isn't possible.

{
"responder":"anonymous",
"submitDate":"12/8/2020 10:12:08 AM",
"r2272a36b12ed4673a40b677c3ac3a084":"Option 2"
}

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @PeggyLang,

I was also assuming that this wouldn't be possible since it's an anonymous response.

However, out of interest I have just tested it within a flow 😁. I am getting this as a response from the Get response details action. The output is just the word anonymous for the responder field. So I think it's safe to say that it isn't possible.

{
"responder":"anonymous",
"submitDate":"12/8/2020 10:12:08 AM",
"r2272a36b12ed4673a40b677c3ac3a084":"Option 2"
}

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,500)