cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahCox

Can you use nested Repeating Content Controls with the Populate a Microsoft Word template action?

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is to have a table which has a section for each Division and within that section have subsections for each Company within that Division. This is as close as I have gotten (with DivisionTable and CompanyTable both being repeating content controls):

Help1.png

After populating the template from a workflow the Divisions are working fine (its repeating three times w/ the correct info) but in the Company Table it just shows [obj] where it should be the Company Name. It also looks like there may be two new unnamed tags placed here after its generated but I'm not sure.

Help2.png

In the Populate a Word Template action inside the DivsionTable tag I am putting an array:

Help3.png

This is what the first object in the array looks like:

{
   "CompanyTable": [
     {
         "CompanyName": "Company Name Goes Here"
     }
   ],
   "DivisionDesc": "Finishes",
   "DivisionNo": "09"
 }

Is what I am trying to do even possible? I looked at some other posts but I never saw a clear answer.

If it is possible then what exactly am I doing wrong? If it is not possible do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this another way?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,666)