cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use power automate to get all form question text and values from response

I have created a simple flow based on MS Form.  The flow checks for new responses in the form and then creates an email with various values from the form.  There are 4 questions on the form.  The email simply use the dynamic content returned by the forms "get response details" action,  

The user who requested this said that they may regularly change the content of the form but they do not want to have to change the power automate flow each time they change the form.  When I have written code in the past I would have expected to get a collection and just iterate through the items to return the key\values.  I was hoping it would be possible to get all the form questions and text and be able to put them into the email in a simple table.  I couldn't see a way of doing this though.  

There is only one form action available, "get response details".  I looked at the output after it runs and it returns data similar to that shown below:

{
  "responder""mes@somewhere.com",
  "submitDate""10/29/2020 2:35:55 PM",
  "3Hq0sLPDAAhyH9mSUc5Hf3WtN9zVgVKw8""Michael Mouse",
  "idFKTaBZYelztp7yaCDyxRAMWKQKVCJXH""Smily",
  "EGxSjnwxA1kuVR70jHvSQhNxqQHI0BOO5""2012-11-05",
  "IYqYyPahceDMDi2zwyERNTxf1PPOytRwP""No"
}

The values are there but the question text they relate to seems to be a unique id rather than the question text.  If anyone knows if it is possible to do this somehow it would be appreciated.  

Many Thanks

Mark,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Get Response Details calls all of the dynamic content that you need to call for your simple table in a Send an Email (V2) Outlook Email action. As an example, here is a Get Response Details that allows me to add response details to a SharePoint Update Item action:

FormGetResponseDetails.png

Anytime you have a "Get" action, you are doing so to prepare your flow for calling that dynamic content from a subsequent action. In your case, you'd have a Send an Email (V2), and just pipe in the dynamic content into the email body of that item. Example: 

DynamicContent-SendEmail.JPG

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Get Response Details calls all of the dynamic content that you need to call for your simple table in a Send an Email (V2) Outlook Email action. As an example, here is a Get Response Details that allows me to add response details to a SharePoint Update Item action:

FormGetResponseDetails.png

Anytime you have a "Get" action, you are doing so to prepare your flow for calling that dynamic content from a subsequent action. In your case, you'd have a Send an Email (V2), and just pipe in the dynamic content into the email body of that item. Example: 

DynamicContent-SendEmail.JPG

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,023)