cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Execute Simple "Create SharePoint Item When SharePoint Item is Created?"

I am trying to trigger a simple sharepoint item creation in a different list when a sharepoint item is created. It is not executing and I recieve the following error in flow creation interface...

The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Collections.InsensitiveDictionary`1[Microsoft.Azure.Flow.Common.Entities.FlowStatus[]]' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) to deserialize correctly. To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List that can be deserialized from a JSON array. JsonArrayAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array. Path 'properties.definition.actions.Create_item.runAfter', line 1, position 185.'.

I also see a "17. TypeMismatchError" under the "Create Item" action. List titles are not currently required.

flow id - 5bbce600-ff8c-4499-8f59-833c8d1fcd5b

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi - thank you for reporting the issue. We are tracking this report internally and will get back to you once we have an update.

We could not reproduce the issue internally. Can you please confirm the flow ID is indeed "5bbce600-ff8c-4499-8f59-833c8d1fcd5b"?

Also, do you mind please including a screenshot? You may use Microsoft OneNote to take the screenshot or a free tool like GreenShot

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ID is 5bbce600-ff8c-4499-8f59-833c8d1fcd5b , yes, but I made modifications since I sent that message.

I have created a new flow where I duplicated the steps. Note this is when an item is edited, but it doesn't work for either scenario.

The new ID is

85f8abff-bd62-4c3e-9060-e441c1021753

Screenshot of the steps:

Untitled.png

Can you please also include a screenshot of the error you were seeing?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the error is not being displayed anymore, but the flows continue to fail.

Untitled2.png

what was the solution..im now 'suddenly' getting this issue, despite it working succesfully since July. 

I have a my sales add rows to a list in Sharepoint. During this they can use a Pull down menu to select 'SEND EMAIL'. When they commit the row, my FLOW then processes the row and If Sharepoint Text entry  'A' is 'SEND EMAIL' it sends a mail. This is a valid FLOW for 3 departments (so I have 'A' 'B' and 'C' all with the pull down option of 'SEND EMAIL)

My first issue was that each time a row item was modified (to RECEIVED) it resent the email to A B C  To get over this, I added an event so that when the email was sent, it automatically changed A (or B or C) to RECEIVED. This has worked (more or less) up until now.

So now this is starting to fail, and all i've received is this error message that may as well be alienspeak. We aren't all programmers and .net technicians..

HELP!

Manage your flows | Microsoft Flow

• Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Microsoft.SharePoint.Connector.SPListExpandedReference]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly. To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List<T>) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object. Path 'Id', line 2, position 8. clientRequestId: e72ab74b-e874-4361-b76e-03dab1db2b41

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,453)