Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBarimah
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Retrieve Authorization From Response Header

Hello everyone,

I am having the same issue described in the following post: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Unable-to-retrieve-authorization-token-from-r...

I am interacting with a webservice through a POST request, and I am able successfully send information's to the web service in order to authenticate and get a response.
The API I am interacting with is designed to send the authentication token in the response header instead of the body. I am not sure why but when the response with the authorization token reaches power automate, I am not able to see the authorization header. I have executed the same exact request with Postman, and I do get the authorization header. it seem that power automate is filtering out the information from the response.

I have also tried to solve the issue by creating a custom connector, but it's still not returning the authorization header, the really strange thing is that when I use the testing tool to validate the implementation of the custom connector, I am able to see the authorization header, but as soon as I use the custom connector within a flow I am not able to see the authorization header

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @MBarimah ,

It looks like there may be a policy in the APIM which is removing/sanitizing the specific key in the responee header.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Thanks @eric-cheng 

Do you know in which section of azure I can see the policies?

Hi @MBarimah ,

Its not something we would probably have access to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,579)