cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomaszCPL
Frequent Visitor

Cannot add multiple steps to scope

Hi,

I want to group my steps into scope but I am not able to drag-drop more than one there. I have moved there Set varProjectName but it won't let me drop anything more, I can only add an action manually, is this some limitation? So that everything has to be built within scopes from the very beginning?

cannot add.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I usually add actions to the scope as I create them.  But here's what I found in testing.  YOu can drag an action into and empty scope.  But you can't drag an action as either the first or last action in a scope that has actions in it.  So you can't drag a second in.  I've seen this before in terms of the first action.  You can't drag an action to be the first in a loop either.  But I haven't seen it in a scope before.  But to go further.  If you add a second action to the scope you can drag actions to the middle of the scope.  You just can't drag them to be the first or last action.

I hope that clarifies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Looks to me like something is broken.. Even I am unable to move any 2nd action inside scope... 

@Pstork1 - Can you test it? Do you have any idea?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

I usually add actions to the scope as I create them.  But here's what I found in testing.  YOu can drag an action into and empty scope.  But you can't drag an action as either the first or last action in a scope that has actions in it.  So you can't drag a second in.  I've seen this before in terms of the first action.  You can't drag an action to be the first in a loop either.  But I haven't seen it in a scope before.  But to go further.  If you add a second action to the scope you can drag actions to the middle of the scope.  You just can't drag them to be the first or last action.

I hope that clarifies

View solution in original post

Thanks @Pstork1  - Really strange and weird... I think this is something that may need improvement...

Power Automate Community

As I said, I've seen this before in Loops in terms of the first position.  This is the first time I noticed it wouldn't let you do the last position.  My suspicion is that it may have to do with cascading the Run After settings from a Scope to the actions inside.  But that's just a theory.

barlowse
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

well, just experienced similar issues and very frustrated. After reading this chain of posts and "you can't drag a scope or action to be first or last", thought I would try something.
I had a switch function with a scope on one of the cases  with 2 actions in it. But I wanted to put one above it. Couldn't do it, so I added one after it and tried to drag it up. Couldn't do that. So I added another scope (no actions in it. Then I was able to drag my original 1st scope to the second position. And then deleted my 3rd scope that I didn't need. 
A convoluted work around.

User voice Item

Power Automate Community
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

As I mentioned, you can't drag an action to the first or the last position in a scope with actions in it.  If you need it to be first or last just drag it to the middle and then drag the first or last to the middle.  The one you dragged in the middle is now the first or last.  Its just one extra step.

barlowse
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Maybe I didn’t explain this part in detail enough. I only had one step in the scope at the beginning and I needed to add a step above it. But didn’t have that option. Only could add it below the existing step. However I wanted the steps to be reversed. Since I only had 2 steps and you can’t drag a step to the first position nor could I drag the step to the last position. Because I only had 2 steps. I added a 3rd temporary step (scope action because I don’t have to put anything in it. ) then I could drag the first step between the 2 steps. And then I could delete the 3rd temporary step. This way I didn’t have to rebuild my steps that existed and were referenced downstream in the flow. 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

After you add the second step you can also copy the first one to your clipboard and paste it in as a new step at the end of the scope.  Then delete the first step.  No Drag n Drop required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,030)