cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevepttn

Cannot add row to excel table when its filtered.

I am unable to add a new row into a table when the table has been filtered with a slicer. 

Is there any way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Stevepttn,

I have tested that add a row into a table and the Excel table has filtered slicers, but not found the same issue:Annotation 2020-05-25 131311.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-25 131322.jpg

Whare is the Excel file store in? Maybe you could store it in a SharePoint library and try it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Stevepttn 

Could you share a screenshot of your flow or share the error message?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

This is the error message I am getting when my table is filtered.  But the flow works when the table is not filtered. 

"status"409,

"message""This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet.\r\nclientRequestId: b51a3a6f-f3bf-4039-8f30-f79eb2e20bed\r\nserviceRequestId: 8450aae2-1b30-433e-bc72-98af9b0555de;4a1a4fb5-9abc-48d9-a827-b1054c5853bb",
  "error": {
    "message""This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet."

Flow.jpg

Hello @Stevepttn 

Have a look at this thread with the same problem as yours: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Error-409-This-won-t-work-because-it-would-move-c...

It is because of the table arrangement (do you have any other tables in the same sheet?):

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/getting-this-message-quot-this-won-t-work-because-it-wo...

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hello,

There is only one table on the sheet. I have slicers above the table and the flow will work if the table is not filtered with the slicers. But as soon as I add a filter with the slicer the flow fails and gives me this error.

Is there any way to un-filter my table during the flow?

Hi @Stevepttn,

I have tested that add a row into a table and the Excel table has filtered slicers, but not found the same issue:Annotation 2020-05-25 131311.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-25 131322.jpg

Whare is the Excel file store in? Maybe you could store it in a SharePoint library and try it again.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello,

The excel file is stored in a SharePoint library. The flow works when the table is not filtered and doesn't when it is filtered. I have not yet found a solution. Could it be the flow? 

Hi @Stevepttn,

I don't think it is caused by Flow, cause on my side it not happened the same issue, maybe you could create a simple example to test it again.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (34,499)