cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liege_Grey

Cannot address the attribute ShowInAddressList for AzureAD Users

Hello All,

As I am pretty new to Power Automate, I want to jump right in. During the last days, I was able create a proper Flow using pre-defined actions. Now I need to update the attribute "ShowInAddressList" for certain AzureAD users. This attribute is not visible in the pre-defined action. When I add it, I get the message "Invalid value specified for property 'showInAddressList' of resource 'User'.". As this is a boolean, I tried True, False, $True, $False, Yes, No, https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/known-issues#showinaddresslist-property-is-out-of-sync-with-...

Now, how can I address this issue? Anyone being successful with it or has any idea? Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Liege_Grey,

I have just tested it on cloud only users (I don't have any on-prem AD which is being synced to AAD). With that type of identities lowercase true or false seem to work. Have you tried that?

Below is an example with an Update User PATCH request.

lowercase_trueorfalse.PNG

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Liege_Grey,

I have just tested it on cloud only users (I don't have any on-prem AD which is being synced to AAD). With that type of identities lowercase true or false seem to work. Have you tried that?

Below is an example with an Update User PATCH request.

lowercase_trueorfalse.PNG

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Liege_Grey

My biggest thanks good Sir. Funny enough, it doesn't work with POST when adding the user, but it works with patch. But thats quite alright, I need this for the purpose of making the user "active/inactive", so it works perfectly great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,152)