cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Abbie8290
Level: Powered On

Cannot create Condition for Flow

I'm creating a flow, but it will not let me add a value to the Condition to establish a relationship. The last "choose a value" field remains greyed out and won't let me enter any information to create the condition. Also, the Edit in Advanced mode buttons won't work either, so I'm just stuck. Are there specific restrictions when it comes to conditions that I am not aware of?

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tamras
Level 10

Re: Cannot create Condition for Flow

I was having the same issue too in IE, the last few days, but not in Chrome. I also noticed, now that I started using Chrome, that Chrome has a faster response time.  In IE, the response time between typing on keyboard and displaying it on screen is so slow that I often had to retype the words. I didnt notice any delay in Chrome. 

I havent tried back in IE to see if the Condition issue has been fixed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Abbie8290,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft Flow forums.

The situation here should be caused by the empty input of the first "choose a value" field.

88.PNG

Please take a try to add some data in the first value box, then check and see if the second value box and the Edit in Advanced Mode would work.

Please post back if you need any further assistance.

Adding some reference:

Add a condition to a flow

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Abbie8290

Thanks @v-micsh-msft for the reply.

I am adding a value into the first "choose a value" field however the second one still does not let me add any data into it (even if the first one does have content). It will only allow me to enter informaion if the first "choose a value" field refers to a field that only has a yes or no choice, then the second field will allow me to select yes or no. However, I am trying to create conditions that reference single text fields (not just yes/no fields) and the second "choose a value" field will not allow me to select/add any value into it, even if the first "choose a value" field has been filled (typically using dynamic content). See image below

5-9-2017 3-09-27 PM.png

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Abigail

gackley

I'm having the exact same issue: first field contains dynamic content from a SharePoint list, second field contains 'Starts with' and final field never gains focus - stays grayed out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Super User
Super User

Hi for all.

A flow staff publish in this post the follow text in 12-09-2016: "We are aware of this bug and we are trying to deploy a fix as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Abbie8290

@gackley

Well, it looks like we may just have to wait for the fix, but until I may have discovered a temporay solution. Can't guarantee it will always work, but worth a shot if you need conditions right away like I do.

I was able to get this to work by basically tricking the fields. Here's how.

In the first "Choose a value" field I selected a Dynamic Content value that reference a Yes/No column/field. Those seem to be the only ones that allow a condition to be added, because it allows a dropdown to appear to select Yes or No. Instead I chose Enter custom Value, and typed what I wanted my value to be.

1.png

2.png

Then I went back to the first field and set it to the Dynamic Content I wanted the value to have a relationship with, and it allowed me to do this.

3.png

Once you get to a good saving point on the flow, I would save it to make sure it will retain your condition. Once, it made the second value return to null, but more than naught it kept it. Just keep playing with it. Once, it wouldn't let me keep it as a standalone condition, but when I added it as a condition within another it did. Again, I can't make any guarantees, but thought I would just post this in case it can help someone out.

All the best,

Abigail

Tamras
Level 10

I was having the same issue too in IE, the last few days, but not in Chrome. I also noticed, now that I started using Chrome, that Chrome has a faster response time.  In IE, the response time between typing on keyboard and displaying it on screen is so slow that I often had to retype the words. I didnt notice any delay in Chrome. 

I havent tried back in IE to see if the Condition issue has been fixed.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also get it to work using the Edge browser.

gackley

I work for a large company who has very strict controls over the software we use.  It's IE or nothing at this point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,646)