cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakson
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cannot create multipage PDF

I have too much data to fit on one single page of a PDF and I'm not willing to decrease the font size.

I have need to send this PDF, which is made from user data entered into an MS Forms form, via email to the author of the Form response.

I can get almost all of the data I need on the PDF, but I cannot make the PDF more than 1 page long. It cuts off the data in the current form.

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Jakson 

you can create an HTML file with your dynamic values first. Create this file in your OneDrive for Business as a temporary file. Then use the OneDrive for Business action "Convert file using path" and turn the HTML to PDF. Afterwards Send an email with an attachment the converted content:

Image 670.pngImage 671.pngImage 672.pngImage 673.pngImage 674.pngImage 675.png

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Jakson 

you can create an HTML file with your dynamic values first. Create this file in your OneDrive for Business as a temporary file. Then use the OneDrive for Business action "Convert file using path" and turn the HTML to PDF. Afterwards Send an email with an attachment the converted content:

Image 670.pngImage 671.pngImage 672.pngImage 673.pngImage 674.pngImage 675.png

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Marvin,

I come back to you with woes.

I attempted everything you had laid out, even going to far as to see if the data I was using was bunk. Instead I had used some Lorem Ipsum to see if maybe, just maybe, my data had been set out wrong.

I've poured over my HTML tags, they seem to be correct. Is there something I'm doing wrong to cause the PDF to break into several pages? I can only get my flow to spit out just the one page, data appended.

****EDIT

Using only one <p> paragraph tag I can cause my flow to spit out two pages of almost non formatted text.

Using several <p> tags, I can get several spaced paragraphs with appropriate carriage returns.

I took my Lorem Ipsum test and stuck it above my legitimate test data from my proper Form. My Lorem Ipsum causes the PDF to stretch into 3 pages, however, at the bottom of the third page is all of my data. Most of which was turned into useless data strings, "...r592c3c66403341dbb..." this may be useful to a computer, but you can see how little value it has for a human...

I realize I must be doing something wrong for my data to return to me in coded strings. However, I cannot for the life of me begin to understand what I am doing so wrongly for my PDF to not stretch into several pages, at all, when there is sufficient (lengthwise) data.

*******EDIT 2:

Tirelessly, I beat this problem back into a corner from which I think I can begin to leverage some insight. The <caption> tags are not being handled correctly, by whatever means or mechanism, and are causing the MS Forms data to stop being formatted/written into the PDF document. I've come to this conclusion by removing every instance of <caption></caption> and replacing it for another tag that has been shown to successfuly make changes to the data format. Instead of <caption> I am now using <h> tags to organize my Statement/Response data.

Now my PDF prints multiple pages of data. Aaaarg this was frustrating!!

**********Thank you, Marvin!!! You're a genius!

Your guidance is deeply appreciated, Marvin.

Thank you,

Jakson

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,892)