Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manfredg
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot enter a sender email adress in on new mail trigger

I want to enter a sender email adress in the trigger - see below 

It does not recognize any valid email adress and after saving it is gone away - the thing worked before perfectly with three other flows 

manfredg_0-1641916174151.png

thanks for help 

25 REPLIES 25
manfredg
Helper I
Helper I

It's only a feeling: there is something between the trigger and the connector to O365 Mailing - it does not verify the email adress - if you enter a email adress other than your own it also does not suggest you an email adresses to choose after entering the first 3 letters - two weeks ago it worked perfectly - a bug or a feature ?

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @manfredg,

this trigger condition works fine for me:

@contains(createArray('address1@contoso.com','address2@contoso.com'),triggerOutputs()?['body/from'])  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
manfredg
Helper I
Helper I

YuppiDu ! It worked 

I entered the following in the definitions.json (like yesterday)

fetch": {
"queries": {
"folderPath": "Inbox",
"to": "office@********.at",
"from": "first.adress@*******.com;manfredg_privat@********.com",
"importance": "Any",
"fetchOnlyWithAttachment": true,
"includeAttachments": true,
"subjectFilter": "Testrechnung"

the flow trigger run one time for each sender and also created two files (PDF only - i entered a new condition before saving (attachment name contains .PDF) ) and saved both attachments into the right folder in onedrive 

@Viktor - i will also try your proposed solution, because than i have not to edit the definition.json  - in the next run i will use your syntax for the subject filtering 

thank you for help

yesterday i did the same and it runned only for one of the two mails (maybe i made a typo) 

by the way - if you look at the trigger extensions it looks like this 

manfredg_0-1642524879775.png

manfredg
Helper I
Helper I

@VictorIvanidze  I used your solution with the body/subject  - works perfect with different words in the subject - thx  

Glad to help! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
manfredg
Helper I
Helper I

It work with one trigger condition - but not with two - seem to have something to do with or/and - in this cse we have an AND - first condition Subject contains a specific word (out of a list of 3 and the second condition is one of three external email adresses 

I changed it back to my method - entering in JSON 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,446)