cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichRK
Frequent Visitor

Cannot exit 'do until' loop (waiting for a ClickDimensions email in Dynamics to send or fail)

Hello all,

Here's my situation: I have a flow which builds a ClickDimensions email (in Dynamics) and then schedules it to send immediately. I then have a 'do until' loop which keeps checking the status of the email until it either sends or fails. (ClickDimensions usually takes at least 10–20 seconds to send an email.) There is then logic further down the flow depending on whether the email sent or failed.

My issue is: the flow gets stuck in the 'do until' loop and never comes out of it. I can't figure out what the issue is — I've looked at other posts in this forum and made sure I'm assigning the value the loop is checking to a variable, which gets updated each time the 'do until' iterates. But the flow still gets stuck.

Here's the relevant section of the flow. The 'Emails' variable seen at the start is an array containing 3 Dynamics GUIDs:

Do until.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichRK
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind! I realised the 'do until' loop is actually working perfectly — I was supplying the wrong values in the OR logic. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dynamics returns an integer for that particular field, not a string.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichRK
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind! I realised the 'do until' loop is actually working perfectly — I was supplying the wrong values in the OR logic. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dynamics returns an integer for that particular field, not a string.

View solution in original post

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rich,

Its great that you were able to solve this issue on your own. We have some documentation on limitations of the "Do Until" action also if you would like to review those.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,594)