cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Akourt
Level: Powered On

Cannot post description of a site page to a adaptive card/shorten JSON value

I have a flow that takes file properties (SharePoint site page) and use its values (description, title, author etc). to populate an "adaptive card" JSON template. Everything works - title, author and so on except description. I assume its because the description is to large. I get the following error:

"The specified Teams flowbot adaptive card request is missing or invalid. The tracking Id is '87280857-bb63-4d55-99d3-fe216b0a0411'."

I put the description in a TextBlock:

{
"type": "TextBlock",
"text": "@{body('Get_file_properties')?['Description']}",
"wrap": true
},

Does not work.

I have tried to shorten via substring it but I get an error "the expression is invalid". My expression:

@{body('Get_file_properties')?['Description']}.substring(1,50)

Above does not work. How can I shorten the JSON value? And could it be another/different issue why the flow isnt working when I try to load the adaptive card JSON with the description of my file?

AdaptiveCard.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Krishna92
Microsoft

Re: Cannot post description of a site page to a adaptive card/shorten JSON value

@Akourt 

Seems like the formula that you are using for the substring is incorrect.

The format for substring in flow is substring(text,start index,end index)

Could you please try using the above formula for substring and  check if that helps.

I think there is limit for the description on the amount of text that you can enter I'm not exactly sure on the number of characters that you use of.

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft Krishna92
Microsoft

Re: Cannot post description of a site page to a adaptive card/shorten JSON value

@Akourt 

Seems like the formula that you are using for the substring is incorrect.

The format for substring in flow is substring(text,start index,end index)

Could you please try using the above formula for substring and  check if that helps.

I think there is limit for the description on the amount of text that you can enter I'm not exactly sure on the number of characters that you use of.

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,948)