cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeB
Level: Power Up

Cannot save Flow. Error message: The template validation failed

Have a flow that was working fine. I decided to edit the flow and just change some text (no code changes or actual flow changes), I receive this error everytime I try to save it.

Unable to parse template language expression 'type': expected token 'LeftParenthesis' and actual 'EndOfData'.".'.

Just trying to change the body of some JSON this flow will be POSTing. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Cannot save Flow. Error message: The template validation failed

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

JakeB
Level: Power Up

FlowError-1.JPGFlowError-2.JPG

The text circled in red is what I am trying to change, but really any part of the body I edit will produce the same error. Even if change the first captial "M" in Muu, to an "N", I receive the error.

Super User
Super User

Without seeing your full JSON to verify if your schema is correct, we need the detailed error message to better assist you. You likely have missing properties.

I'd also suggest reviewing Microsoft Flow MVP John Liu's blog post, A Thesis on the Parse JSON action in Microsoft Flow for how best to work with and troubleshoot JSON in Flow. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JakeB ,

Please check the following doc on Work Flow definition language:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language#expression...

From the doc we know that, if you have a literal string that starts with the @ character, prefix the @ character with another @ character as an escape character: @@.

Please try if the following will work for you:

{

"@@type":"MessageCard"

}

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 250 members 4,187 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: