Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LeewoC
Level: Powered On

Cannot use output from Get My Profile (V2) as input to Send Email action

Hi,

I have a flow that needs to send an email to the person who runs the flow but it fails after getting the profile data.

The flow below is purely to test and demonstrate the problem.

First I use "Get My Profile (V2) to get the user's email address, but when I get to the send email action the To box won't let me use any of the dynamic fields returned from the get my profile action (see below).

GetMyProfileEmail1.png

If I click on 'See More' I can see the fields from the get my profile action and select Mail.

GetMyProfileEmail2.png

However when I run the flow it fails with the error shown below

GetMyProfileEmail3.png

I have fuzzed out the email address but I can confirm it is a valid email address that is returned by the "Get My Profile (V2)" action.

Is this a bug or am I using the Get My Profile (V2) action incorrectly?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LeewoC

Re: Cannot use output from Get My Profile (V2) as input to Send Email action

OK It looks like I found the cause of the problem and it wasn't directly to do with the connectors themselves.

After a couple of test runs I decided to empty out the SharePoint library my flow was running against.  I didn't think it would matter for my testing as I was using the "Test my Flow" feature to run the flow with data from previous runs.

However it seems the "Test my Flow" facility couldn't cope with the lack of items in the library even though I was using old run data and so I got a crash every time I tried to use the send an email action.

I created a new document in the library and ran the flow against it.  This time everything worked OK.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LeewoC,

The error message told that there is something wrong with the connection to your "Send an email" action. I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

Please check if the connection to your "Send an email" action is invalid on your side, if yes, please update the connection to the "Send an email" action.

In addition, please take a try to re-create a new connection to the "Send an email" action and try your flow again to check if the issue is solved on your side.

More details about updating the connections in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Manage connections

If the issue still exists, please reply back here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LeewoC

Hi @v-xida-msft Kris

The outlook connection shows as valid.

I created a new Outlook connection and tried to use that, but it exhibits the same problem.

I also created a new Outlook connection with a different user, in case the problem was associated with a particular user profile but it also has the same problem.

Best Regards

Chris.

LeewoC

OK It looks like I found the cause of the problem and it wasn't directly to do with the connectors themselves.

After a couple of test runs I decided to empty out the SharePoint library my flow was running against.  I didn't think it would matter for my testing as I was using the "Test my Flow" feature to run the flow with data from previous runs.

However it seems the "Test my Flow" facility couldn't cope with the lack of items in the library even though I was using old run data and so I got a crash every time I tried to use the send an email action.

I created a new document in the library and ran the flow against it.  This time everything worked OK.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 3,459 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: