Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaptea
Helper I
Helper I

Cant push audio file to azure blob

Hi,

I am using two flows one flow is a http request trigger that after a phone call happens the recording of that call gets posted to the flow, once i have the request i extract the recording file URL and send it to azure blob storage. The second flow takes the azure gets the azure file and using speech to text service converts it.

The Issue:

When i post the file to azure blob its empty and there is nothing in the file /  no sound, I am using audio files (.wav) my flow is below, do i need to convert audio the file first before sending it to azure (i tried base 64)?. If i do this same process via a manual trigger where i import the audio file it works fine, also if i use the same method but send to one drive the one drive folder is fine also and the sound is there. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 14.03.57.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Kaptea 

Found an alternate for you.

Can you use one drive to store the file. There is an action in one drive to store the file using url. After that you can use file content to get the content of that file.

Then you can send the file content to the azure storage.

Not sure this would work in real time or not. Just give some delay after storing it in one drive and getting the file content of that file.

Sundeep_Malik_0-1668096184448.png

Hope this works for you. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Kaptea 

I made a manual trigger flow, in which I passed the audio file and saved it in sharepoint with just file content and it worked.

Sundeep_Malik_0-1668093509631.png

In your case what are you getting? A url for the file??

I saw a video related to this, not completely related to your case. In that the person has used the function.

base64ToString.

Try it hopefully it works in your case. Or try send the file content somehow in the API call.

Link to that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6E0cwCXZ4

Timestamp at which he used the formula: 25:00

Hi @SU yes i tried the manual trigger also and it did work as expected, the issue its the URL of the file is being posted to the flow and we are trying to then get that file which we do, and then send it to azure blob. In the azure blob the file is empty without sound so cant be translated further.

Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Kaptea 

Found an alternate for you.

Can you use one drive to store the file. There is an action in one drive to store the file using url. After that you can use file content to get the content of that file.

Then you can send the file content to the azure storage.

Not sure this would work in real time or not. Just give some delay after storing it in one drive and getting the file content of that file.

Sundeep_Malik_0-1668096184448.png

Hope this works for you. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,576)