Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efebo
Helper I
Helper I

Capture and display approvers' comments in Doc Version History

Hello,

Please, help.

I need to capture and display approvers' comments in Doc Version History. Is this possible? In my workflow, I am able to capture approvers' comments and update doc properties. However, comments are displayed in the "Approver comments column" in the Library View, not in the "Doc Version History".

doc-update.png

Comments are displayed in the "Approver comments column" in the library view. 

Library.png

If I open the Doc Version History comments are missing. I don't have comment traceability by version. 

Doc-version-history.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @efebo ,

After you check in file and add comments, this content will be displayed in the version history.

In Power Automate, comments are added in Check in file action.

60.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@efebo 

There are a number of ways of approaching this, but the easiest way is to simply enable the "append text" option in your comments column.  No Flow is required.  By enabling append text, SharePoint automatically saves the value in that column along with a date and time stamp.  You must have versioning turned on for this to work.  If this won't meet your needs, please let me know and I'll suggest an alternative.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

HI @ScottShearer

Thanks for answering my question but I need to capture and display the comments in Doc Version History, not in the Library View. The user wants to open Doc Version History and track all comments backward. Is this possible? Please check image:

version-settings-remove-history.jpg

Hi @efebo ,

After you check in file and add comments, this content will be displayed in the version history.

In Power Automate, comments are added in Check in file action.

60.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-bacao-msft It worked. Thank you very much. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,166)