cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drako
Resolver I
Resolver I

Capture user date input

Hi, I have a flow that passes many approvers steps. In one of these approvers I need the user to input a date. As I read this is currently not possible...only comments. That is a real bummer. 

I have tried many ways to do this before and after the approval request with no success. Any recommendations on how to do this? 

Also I hope MS adds the possibiloty to capture more inputs in the approvers process.

Thanks ahead

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@drako 

As you probably already know, an approver can enter comments but there is no ability to add additional inputs for the approver.  The best you can do is ask the approver to enter a date in the comments area - not a great solution....

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer  thanks. Not a good option.... Any idea how to capture input in the middle of a flow like the button trigger but this can't be used in the middle of flow only at the begining....

@drako 

You might try sending an email with an adaptive card to collect input from the user.  The Flow will pause until you get a response.

Scott

Hi @ScottShearer  didn't even know that existed.... Will investigate.... Is this part of Outlook or is this two parts...Outlook email and adaptive card (not sure what this is yet)

Start by going to Adaptive Cards - there is a lot of getting started info there.  You'll also find a lot on YouTube.  It is not part of Outlook.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,713)