Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Case Escalation

Hello Expert,

I wonder how to retrieve an escalated case incident   then  search for look an  web role and finally  send an email to that web role.

What is the procedure to  escalate  a case incident and send email to supervisor .

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Case Escalation

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide more details about case incident?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there 2 scenarios.

1-I case incident  exceed is SLA time 

2-is manually escalated by a client .

In both case ,  case incident status is modified to escalated status .

Then the  ticket to which the agent is assigned is notified by email.

In addition the email is send to supervisor of the agent.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous you haven't said what you've tried so far, but the steps for the first scenario could be as follows. The recurrence trigger would run once a day. In the Get items action you only want the items where the DueDate is less than or equal to today, so add a filter query to do this: 
0-trigger-getItems-O365USers.png

1-convert-update.png

Tthe email then goes to both the assigned to person and their manager:

2-email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous for the second scenario, copy the flow and change the trigger to a SharePoint "For a selected item".

3-selectedItem.png

In the Get items action delete the filter query.

In your SharePoint list you can then have a button to manually trigger this flow:

4-escalationButton.png

Everything else in the flow is that same as the first scenario.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

good afternoon ,

I wonder why you are using share point in your flow ?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I use SharePoint for everything! And also because it does what you want your flow to do. You've got to store the case information, escalation status etc somewhere so SharePoint is a great option for this. You've not said what you've tried so far, if anything, so in the absence of this I gave you a solution that works using SharePoint.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,806)