cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mborn81

Central Out of Office Calendar -- Issue Filtering when searching for duplicates/existing items

Hello,

I have searched endlessly through the forum and haven't found a good match for this need, so thought I'd ask!

I have an Events list on a team SharePoint site that I want to get a 1-way sync from each member's calendar for any out-of-office events they have (to create a central out of office calendar).  I am working with 2 separate flows to catch both triggers (create and modify). 

• To start, I initiate a variable to be able to tag matches (called "itemExists", Boolean, set to FALSE as default) 
  • Then I check if is Out of Office status
  • For no, I terminate... for Yes, I grab user profile, convert time zones (these work, confirmed), then do the below
    • On both, I have a need to check the list for an existing event. 
    • I do GET ITEMS for that events list (SharePoint list)
    • To filter and look for existing items that match (ID in description), I have tried several methods so far to no avail:
      • ODATA filter query for description -- results in errors based on the filter string, says is "null" (because some events don't have anything in description)
      • Filter array after -- added 2 to solve for the issue with null above and to pull matches:
        • Filter array remove null values:
          • From Values (from get items from list), check if "Description" is not equal to (function) Null
          • This one appears to WORK
        • Filter array for matches:
          • Tried basic mode for:
            • Description equals ID
            • Description contains ID
          • Then tried advanced mode for:
            • @equals(string(item()?['Description']), string(triggerBody()?['Id']))
            • @contains(string(item()?['Description']), string(triggerBody()?['Id']))
          • None worked -- all show the proper inputs, but no outputs
    • After the filter, I set the itemExists variable to TRUE (or try to, but of course haven't been able to get any inputs to this because of the filter issues)
    • When creating, I embed the event ID into the description (only open text spot to park it) -- hence the filtering using this criterion above.

Can anyone please help?  

Thank you,

Matt

Overview of entire flow:

1_--_overall_flow.png

Drill-down into filter section:

2_--_details_on_filter.png

Drill down into last condition and create:

3_--_details_for_condition_and_create.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,235)