cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Challenging: extracting attachment, copy and pasting between Excel files

Hi all,

I am struggling to create the below flow and I hope there is a wizard amongst you which can solve this challenging task:

1) Email filter: I need to filter an email from a specific sender domain (so basically I may receive this email from multiple people on the same domain and not always from the same email address), and with a subject which contains an initial part which is always the same and another part which is changing (so the subject is not always the same as well).

2) Filter and save attachment: In the email there are two zip files, and I need only one. The name of the zip files changes as the subject, however here there is an initial part which changes and the second part which never changes. So I need to select and save on OneDrive for business only this file.

3) Extract the files of the attachment: I need to extract the zip file mentioned above and get 2 files amongst many files inside of it, the others should be deleted (if it's possible to save directly only the two files without having to save them all and then delete them even better). Even here the name of the files changes. A fixed part plus a changing part.

4) Copy and paste information: The two files are Excel files, which contain information which i need to copy and paste into another spreadsheet. There are no tables or named range, so I would need to simply copy a specific range in a spreadsheet to another spreadsheet.

Anyone able to solve this?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Challenging: extracting attachment, copy and pasting between Excel files

Hi @Ramses80,

These requirements are possible to achieve, except for the 4th requirement, because the Excel connector's file field and table field couldn't support dynamic content.

And these steps you could refer to achieve step1 to 3:

Annotation 2020-01-21 111446.png

Annotation 2020-01-21 110859.png

Annotation 2020-01-21 111143.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,694)